Fielding Lewis was the son of John Lewis and Frances Fielding Lewis of Warner Hall. He built Kenmore in the 1770s on his property in Fredericksburg. His first wife was Catharine Washington. He married Betty Washington in 1750.
Dimensions: 50 x 40 in. (127 x 101.6 cm.)
The subject wears a light brown coat and waistcoat. He stands outdoors. His right hand rests on a grass-covered stone plinth. His right hand is on his hip.