Wilton Plantation was on Randolph family property. The house was built there in ca.1753 by William Randolph III (1723-1761) and it remained in the family until 1859.
In 1932, The National Society of The Colonial Dames of America in the Commonwealth of Virginia moved the house from its original location in Henrico County along the James River to its present location in Richmond. Today, the house is open to the public as the Wilton House Museum. See: http://www.wiltonhousemuseum.org/